Signs of Qiyaamat
The Signs of Qiyyamat are divided into two sections:
1. Minor: These are the signs from the birth of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) to the time of the appearance of Hazrat Imam Mahdi.
2. Major: These are the signs from the appearance of Imam Mahdi to the Blowing of the Trumpet.
* Salaat will be neglected,
* Trusts will be embezzled,
* Interest will be consumed,
* Speaking lies will be common,
* Life will become cheap,
* Tall buildings will be erected,
* One's religion will be sold for the world,
* Family-ties will be severed,
* Patience will be lost,
* Lies will be regarded as truth,
* Silken garments will be worn (by men),
* Deceit and cheating will be common,
* Divorces will be a daily occurrence,
* People will die suddenly,
* Swindlers will be trusted,
* The trustworthy will be belied,
* The lier will be given credibility,
* The truthful person will be falsified,
* Accusation (of adultery) will be rife,
* Rain will be scorching hot,
* Children will be born prematurely,
* The fraudulent will be successful,
* The honest would be disgraced,
* Leaders and officials will be self-motivated,
* The mystics (Sufis) would be immersed in dark practices,
* The Qurra would be sinners,
* When people would wear leather clothing, their hearts will be more pungent than excreta,
* Only the exercising of patience (not alternate strategy) will be able to overcome corruptions (i.e. there will be support for the truth),
* People would deliberately involve themselves in dangerous sports and activities like the Jews,
* Gold will be displayed openly,
* There will be a demand for silver,
* Many lecturers and sermonises will appear,
* Commanding of the good will be forgotten,
* Qur'ans would be decorated,
* The Masajid would be adorned and embellished,
* Pulpits would be constructed higher,
* Hearts would be bereft of light,
* Liquor and intoxicants would be consumed,
* The Islamic punishments (hudud) will not be enforced,
* The slave-girl would give birth to her master (i.e. orders would be disobeyed, or juniors would start influencing their seniors),
* Shameless and naked people will become leaders,
* The wife would join her husband in business,
* Men would start imitating women,
* Women would start imitating men,
* Oaths will be taken in the name other than Allah,
* A person would give evidence without having asked to do so,
* People would gain mastery over the sciences for purposes other than the recognition of Allah,
* Worldly profits will be gained through religious enterprises,
* Leaders would not equally distribute wealth and resources, and the rightful recipients will be deprived,
* Trusts will be treated as booty (to be consumed),
* Zakaat will be regarded as a tax,
* The most respected person in the community will its worst,
* Children would disobey their parents,
* Mothers would be treated harshly,
* Friends would be respected,
* One's wife will be exclusively obeyed,
* The voices of sinners will be elevated in the Masajid,
* Dancing and music will be rampant,
* Liquor would be consumed in the streets,
* Oppressing and cheating people would become a source of achievement and pride,
* Police and security will be multiplied,
* The Qur'an would be recited in singing tones,
* The skins of wild animals would be laid down.
1 IMAM MAHDI EMERGES
At age 40, Imam Mahdi appears in Makkah, then flees to Madinah.
major signs (i.e. events after the emergence of Imam Mahdi)
2 MUSLIM ARMY MARCHES
The army of Mansoor from Khurasaan will head towards Makkah to aid Imam Mahdi. They will win many battles on the way. No force will be able to stop them. They will carry black flags.
3 SUFYAANI ARMY SWALLOWED BY THE EARTH.
The Sufyaani army (an Anti-Muslim force) from Syria singles out Imam Mahdi for execution. On the way to Makkah, they get swallowed into the ground. A second Sufyaani army is created with 960,000 men (of 80 nations).
4 CONFRONTATION IN SYRIA
Imam Mahdi and the Muslim army go to Syria to confront the Christians. The Christians, before the battle, will ask Muslims for the return of their prisoners-of-war. The Muslims will refuse. The battle will begin. One-third of Imam Mahdi’s army will flee (their repentance will not be accepted), one-third will be martyred, and one-third will gain victory over the Christians.
5 RUMORS OF EMERGENCE OF DAJJAL ("Anti-Christ")... 3 YEARS OF DROUGHT.
Before the emergence of Dajjal there will be three years of drought. The first year, the skies will retain 1/3 of its water, the second year 2/3, and all of its water the third year.
6 DAJJAL APPEARS
Dajjal appears. His followers, the Yahudis, will number 70,000 and will wear expensive silk attire and carry double edged swords.
7 HADHRAT ISA (A.S.) (JESUS) APPEARS
Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)descends during the lifetime of Imam Mahdi.
8 DAJJAL ENDS AT THE GATE OF HUDD
Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) destroys Dajjal at the Gate of Hudd, near an Israeli airport, in the valley of “Ifiq.” The final war between the Yahudi's will ensue, and the Believers will be victorious.
9 TOTAL PEACE
With the death of Dajjal (the anti-Christ), all wars will end. Jihad will be stopped; peace, harmony, and tranquility will be on earth. The earth will produce abundant crops and fruit. The people will submit to one God.
10 HADHRAT ISA RECEIVES REVELATION
The revelation tells that the Yajooj and Majooj will soon be released and the believers should be taken to Mt. Toor (Sinai).
11 YAJOOJ AND MAJOOJ ("Gog and Magog") RELEASED
The Yajooj and Majooj surge forth in large numbers. They destroy everything in their path in their effort to conquer the world. They will be released in two groups.
12 YAJOOJ AND MAJOOJ REACH JERUSALEM
When they reach Mount Khamrin in Jerusalem, they will proclaim to have conquered the world. Then the will shoot arrows into the sky to conquer the heavens. The arrows will return blood stained.
13 HARDHSHIPS ON MOUNT TOOR
Scarcity of provisions and hardships will afflict the Muslims. Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) and the Muslims will pray for the removal of the calamity.
14 YAJOOJ AND MAJOOJ KILLED BY INFECTIONS
Their prayers were answered and the Yajooj and Majooj develop boil infections, causing them to burst simultaneously as a result.
15 PEACE ON EARTH!
It will rain for forty days and the earth will be cleansed. Muslims will burn the bows and arrow of Yajooj and Majooj for 7 years. Life will be peaceful while Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) is alive. The earth will be bountiful. Hadhrat Isa will live 19 years after marriage.
16 HADHRAT ISA PASSES AWAY AND BURIED NEXT TO MUHAMMED (S.A.W.)
The Final Signs of Qiyaamah:
1. THE CAVING IN OF THE GROUND
The ground will cave in: one in the east, one in the west, and one in Hejaz, Saudi Arabia.
2. THE FORTY DAY SMOKE/FOG
Fog or smoke will cover the skies for forty days. The non-believers will fall unconscious, while Muslims will be ill (develop colds). The skies will then clear up.
3. THE NIGHT OF THREE NIGHTS
A night three nights long will follow the fog. It will occur in the month of Zil-Hajj after Eidul-Adha, and cause much restlessness among the people.
4. THE RISING OF THE SUN IN THE WEST
After the night of three nights, the following morning the sun will rise in the west. People’s repentance will not be accepted after this incident.
5. THE BEAST FROM THE EARTH APPEARS
One day later, the Beast from the earth will miraculously emerge from Mount Safaa in Makkah, causing a split in the ground. The beast will be able to talk to people and mark the faces of people, making the believers’ faces glitter, and the non-believers’ faces darkened.
6. THE BREEZE FROM THE SOUTH
A breeze from the south causes sores in the armpits of Muslims, which they will die of as a result.
8. FINAL SIGN OF QIYAAMAH: FIRE IN YEMEN
The fire will follow people to Syria, after which it will stop.
9. COMMENCEMENT OF QIYAAMAH
Some years after the fire, Qiyaamah begins with the Soor (trumpet) being blown. The year is not known to any person. Qiyaamah will come upon the worst of creation.